£1,990.00 – £2,438.00
For the past 100 years, however, the arms that have carried them have been anything but rigid. In 2010, Funk started an R&D program to solve this.
The result was Funk’s unique F•X Cross-Beam system (pat pend).
Rigid & low-Q, F•X has earned a giant killing reputation, which is well deserved.
Here’s how one dealer has described it:
” … I have had a most enjoyable weekend delving into the latest box from the 10,000 LP haul that I brought back from the storage unit recently thanks to the incredible sound, or lack thereof, of the new (FX3) arm. I have to say I am enjoying the best phono sound I have ever owned, reminiscent of the Eminent Technologies SLT without all the silliness of air pumps and all. Another breakthrough!” Critical Dealer
FX3 is a “from the ground up design” & is the next generation of this technology.
- Funk’s F•X beam: Very low “Q” with very low self-colouration has less effect on the cartridge. The sound is characterised with speed, layering finesse and fine resolution. Above all reproduction enjoys an uncommon naturalness.
- ABEC 7 bearings.
- High linearity falling-weight bias for optimal tracking and extended stylus life.
- Straightforward Azimuth adjustment.
- In line with the stylus the Lo-slung counterweight gives a sleek stylish design.
- Calibrated, sliding weight for tracking force produces a variable mass design – 9-13g eff mass. Increases with tracking weight: Matches MM and MC cartridges.
- Cabling – high purity copper (standard). Other options available.
Effective Length 237mm (std); 12”, Technics & Linn geometry all available to order;
Colour: Black; 3-screw mounting 222.9mm spindle to arm distance.
Price start from: £1990 (9”) / £2480 (12”) with standard lead.